Benefits of IBM Aspera Enterprise Tier Licensing
The IBM Aspera Enterprise licensing encompasses all of the core functionality of the IBM Aspera software with additional features and services that enable users to deploy easily, scale seamlessly and consume resources based on what they need.
The Enterprise licensing includes the base Aspera High Speed Transfer Server and includes the following capabilities:
- Unlimited Sync
- Unlimited Webapps
- Unlimited Client apps
- Unlimited Aspera Proxies
- Unlimited HTTP Gateways
- Streaming (FASPStream) included
The IBM Aspera Enterprise perpetual licensing acts as an addition to the already user-focused licensing options that IBM provides today. Aside from the Enterprise perpetual licensing, IBM offers three other ways to license Aspera.
Here is a full overview of licensing models IBM Aspera users have access to:
Perpetual software license, customer installed and managed
- IBM Aspera Enterprise and IBM Aspera Endpoint
- Licensed by aggregate bandwidth (100Mbps to 20+Gbps levels)
- Priced based on aggregate bandwidth
- Buy additional servers via Enterprise or Endpoint for High-Availability
Consumption-based license, customer installed and managed
- IBM Aspera on Demand
- Priced based on aggregate transfer volume, customer hosted and managed
- Customer can install Aspera server software anywhere they want, including on premise, IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google
Software as a Service (SaaS), managed by Aspera
- IBM Aspera on Cloud
- Priced based on aggregate transfer volume, Aspera hosted and managed
- Aspera runs on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and IBM Cloud
- Customer can install Aspera server software anywhere they want and attach (“tether”) to AoC SaaS
- Priced based on per-Gateway (server) and per-client install
The addition of the Enterprise perpetual licensing model adds flexibility and scalability to the already user-focused licensing options provided by IBM Aspera. This addition will not only help in simplifying the deployment and configuration of Aspera, but will also support IBM-specific applications to be connected and leveraged by individual Aspera HSTS deployments with ease. You can easily upgrade your current perpetual licensing to IBM Aspera Enterprise, and also leverage new deployments for hybrid and distributed models of storage and infrastructure.
Contact PacGenesis to Learn More
To learn more about the Enterprise licensing options for IBM Aspera, contact our team at PacGenesis today! Our team of knowledgeable Media & Entertainment workflow experts are a quick phone call away at: (512) 766-8715 or can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.