Using AI in Cybersecurity
Using AI in Cybersecurity
Cyberattacks continue to grow in frequency and complexity as technology evolves. Based on the size of a company, there could be up to several hundred billion signals that need to be analyzed to calculate risk which means analyzing and improving cybersecurity is not a human-scale problem anymore.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are now essential to information security, capable of analyzing millions of data sets and tracking down a variety of cyber threats from malware to phishing attacks. AI can learn and improve based on data from past experiences, presenting new varieties of attacks that can occur today or tomorrow
How AI Works in Cybersecurity
AI is used to solve some of our most difficult, time-consuming problems. Cybersecurity is in that category as cyber attackers use advanced technology to find new ways to compromise your business. Machine learning and AI can be used to automate threat detection and respond more efficiently than other software-driven approaches.
A self-learning, AI-based cybersecurity system can solve many of the unique challenges cybersecurity presents:
- Vast attack surfaces
- Tens to hundreds of thousands of devices in an organization
- Hundreds of attack vectors
- Shortfalls in the number of skilled security professionals
- Masses of data that have moved beyond human-scale
5 Benefits of AI Cybersecurity Systems
AI systems continuously and independently gather data from your company’s information systems. The data collected is analyzed and used to perform correlation of patterns across a large variety of signals that are relevant to the enterprise attack surface. This leads to new levels of intelligence passed to human teams across many categories of cybersecurity.
- Threat Exposure: AI-based cybersecurity systems can provide up-to-date knowledge of global and industry-specific threats to help make decisions based on what could be used to attack your company and what is likely to be used to attack your business.
- Incident Response: AI-powered systems can provide improved context for prioritizing and responding to security alerts. It can help your business respond faster to attacks by automating certain tasks like rerouting traffic or alerting your IT team.
- Controls Effectiveness: AI can help understand where your program has strengths and where it has gaps, which is important to understand the impact of the various security tools and processes to maintain a strong security posture.
- Break Risk Prediction: Insights from an AI analysis can help you configure and enhance controls and processes to effectively improve your organization’s cyber resilience. It can help predict how and where you are most likely to be breached so you can plan for resource and tool allocation toward that weakness.
- Continued Learning: AI improves its knowledge to understand cybersecurity threats and risks by consuming billions of data artifacts. Ai and machine learning help build a thorough understanding of website traffic to learn how to distinguish between good bots, bad bots, and humans.
Cybersecurity AI Solutions with PacGenesis
AI has become a powerful tool to fight against cyber threats. AI-driven cybersecurity solutions can detect, analyze, and respond to hackers faster. At PacGenesis, we partner with leading cybersecurity providers that stay up-to-date on the latest threats and security technology. We help you partner with the right system for your business, making sure that your cybersecurity solution does not disrupt workflows but maintains protection for your company. Contact us today for your initial conversation where we find out your needs and how we can help.
To learn more about PacGenesis, follow @PacGenesis on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn or visit pacgenesis.com.