Accessing your IBM Support Account
IBM has long since been known for its rock-solid customer support. But for many Aspera customers, opening tickets via the Support Portal is a new and unfamiliar process. For that reason, we’ve put together this short tutorial to guide you on how to set up and enable your support account. It’s important to complete these steps when you initially purchase your Aspera software in order to avoid time-consuming setup procedures when time is most valuable.
- The support portal can be accessed via this url: https://www.ibm.com/mysupport/s/. You’re required to login with your IBM ID. If you don’t have an IBM ID, follow the prompts on the login screen to create one.
- Once you’re logged into the IBM Support Portal, click “Manage Support Account” in the top level navbar, and then “Support access”.
- The Support access screen will list all of the IBM accounts that you are associated with as well as your access level. If you see your company’s account listed here with a status of “Approved”, there is no need to go any further. Your account is setup properly and you are ready to open tickets if there is ever a need.
If your company’s support account is not listed, click the “Request Access” button.
- On the request access screen, select “Aspera” as your product, and then answer the remaining questions on the form. Your IBM Customer Number can be found on your Aspera Welcome Email, on your IBM Proof of Entitlement, or by contacting your PacGenesis account manager.
Once this form is submitted, an email will be sent to the administrator within your organization for approval to be added to your company’s IBM support account.
- For brand new IBM customers or situations where the administrator has left the company, simply click the “Contact the help desk” button on this same screen.
- Complete the “Contact the help desk” form with a request to add you or someone within your org (that has an IBM ID) as an administrator on the account. The typical response time for the help desk is 15 minutes.
- Once your account is setup, you’re ready to open tickets by clicking “Open a case” in the top right corner of the support portal